- Unparallel Customer Service
- Technology Leader
- Social Responsibility
The core purpose is the reason a company exists. Similar to the core values, the core purpose is relatively unchanging and for many companies it will endure for decades or centuries.
The core purpose is the idealistic reason for being. The importance in the purpose is how the company will post a profit since this is what defines the company.
To identify the core purpose utilize the 5 why principles. Continuing to ask why will move toward an understanding of the markets and the company's niche.
- Target - quantitative or qualitative goals such as sales targets, profitability, and asset return.
- Common enemy - the competition is alive and hungry. Focus on the takeover of the competitor.
- Role Model - Benchmark with world class companies in the industry.
- Internal Transformation - large corporations can set goals to be number 1 in any of the markets it serves.