“All we are doing is looking at the time line, from the moment the customer gives us an order to the point when we collect the cash. And we are reducing the time line by reducing the non-value adding wastes.” ~ Shingo
The key elements of a Kaizen are quality, effort, and involvement of all employees, willingness to change, and communication. Kaizen is a way of life philosophy that every aspect of your life deserves to be constantly improved.
The Kaizen methodology has 5 main elements:
- Personal discipline
- Improved Morale
- Quality Circles
- Suggestions for Improvements
- Elimination of waste and inefficiency. This results in savings to a corporation’s bottom line and places the top line in a cost competitive position.
- Kaizen is the 5S framework for a well organized shop floor:
- Seiri - tidiness
- Seiton - orderliness
- Seiso - cleanliness
- Seiketsu - standardization
- Shitsuke - sustaining the discipline